Friday, 19 February 2010

Day before the BAFTA's

I set off to tomorrow to the BAFTA’s and am sat in bed with the sun coming in very brightly and birds whistling outside, writing a list of what to do today. I like it when days start like this. Since I came home from Scotland I have been too busy to fit in enough swims for my liking, with lots of meetings and interviews and work to do that I am not getting through.

I watched the films in my category on Wednesday at a festival – Animated Exeter and it sunk in properly that I really am coming to the BAFTA’s. I have spent the last couple of days really giggling to myself and finding it hard to be calm. The competition is very impressive and it feels amazing to know Mother of Many is in there with a chance. It is a while since I have watched the film and seeing it at on the big screen at Exeter and speaking (publicly!) about it afterwards – I am so hugely proud of it. It is a film about midwifery and childbirth – with real noises we recorded of actual childbirth and baby heart beats. The film shows the stunning everyday work of the midwife and the unpredictability and intensity of birth.

It feels quite crazy that Sally Arthur (producer) can’t come because she will be going through all this – I am hoping before the awards begin. She has put her shoes away and hung up her dress. We are both really gutted that she won’t be there, but with a baby upside-down she needs to be close to home and the midwives she knows well.

1 comment:

  1. Well Done!! Sorry, didn't have your email so thought I would comment on here instead:) Massive congratulations Emma, really glad it won!:D
    Martha x

    ReplyDelete