Wednesday, 6 May 2009

long time


It has been a while since i typed and not a lot seems to have changed - while in its way - loads has.  I've been making my animatic, I finished it 2 weeks ago and went to London for the weekend - mixing business and pleasure with some lovely people.  Then i came back and started again, tryingto make my animatic better - i could see a lot of places where i needed to clarify and improve.  Animatics are nice - because you see the film, but not so nice, because the drawings are all so scrappy.  Doing it i have been losing sight of how it even does look, and looking back at designs - they weren't looking how i want it to.  

I had a meeting with south west screen today - which was nice, Sarah Jane is lovely and brought the amazing Sue along.  Along with Sally and Sarah, we all agreed it was moving on well and nearly there.  But nearly.  Damn, so long.  I just want to do some design and it feels like i am not allowed, though under felix's instruction I AM.  So this afternoon i started looking at it again.  From the cold flat drawings in flash I made a new baby, much more safe and warm and likable than the last into after effects. I have worked out - though a little long winded, that this way to animate will look and feel lovely.  
Add Image
Sally talked to an independent midwife and we found that I may be able to record a real birth in June, maybe even, got my fingers crossed, but maybe attend it.  I preferably need more than one womans sounds though, so will attend the pregnancy yoga class on monday and try and talk some of them into it.

Altogether today has been quite a positive one - except that i have swine flu (or some variation of some kind of flu - probably just the beginning of a mild cold really).

Good good




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful baby. You must be so proud. I do miss when my children were that small sometimes... Treasure it, Emma. Because they wont be that small and all yours forever - trust me I know!!

    ReplyDelete